Website Friends and Family of Special Children
In 2002, Kay O’Shaughnessy – a parent of a child with disabilities – identified a huge gap in service provision for parents and families with disabled children and founded the charity, Friend and Families of Special Children. Today the charity supports around 1,700 families in Plymouth and the surrounding areas with information and advice, social and leisure activities, befriending opportunities and a support network.
Despite the challenges of this last year, the charity are now looking positively to the future and are seeking to appoint their first Chief Executive Officer to lead them through the next stage of their journey.
What you will be doing: –
· We are looking for someone to shape and lead the charity by developing business plans to ensure our ongoing sustainability.
· You will provide inspirational leadership to colleagues, empowering them to exceed expectations and ensuring a culture of collaboration.
· You will act as an ambassador for Friends and Families of Special Children, ensuring a high-profile presence and building key external partnerships with stakeholders, grant funders and potential partners.
· You will be working with the Board of Trustees to ensure high standards of governance.
· You will be working with our fundraiser to create and implement a robust fund-raising strategy.
· You will be responsible for the financial management of the charity and report on this to the Board.
Who are we looking for: –
An ‘ideas person’ who can deliver change, develop services and continuously improve what we do. You will be an inspirational individual who shares our values – trusted, compassionate, exciting, forward thinking, and innovative. You must be passionate about helping everyone to make the lives of disabled young people and their families as enriched as possible. Specifically we need: –
· Exceptional communication skills
· An inspiring leadership style
· The ability to balance strategic and operational responsibilities
· Knowledge of best practice and procedures for safeguarding children and young people.
· A background of working in disability/family services
· Robust financial acumen
If you are interested in joining this special charity you can find further information in CEO pack. We are working with Jackie Dawkins of Shine Charity Recruitment who is supporting the Trustees with this recruitment.
Recruitment Process: –
Application by CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Partner, Jackie Dawkins, Shine Charity Recruitment
- Closing date: 12th March 2021 ·
- First interview with Jackie Dawkins: 18th/19th March 2021
- Interview and Assessment Day with Friends and Family Trustees: 31st March 2021
- Start Date: by July 2021 or earlier (an offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references)
Application deadline: 12/03/2021
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £37,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings