Title: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible to: Board of Directors/Trustees
Purpose of Role: To lead and manage the organisation in accordance with its values, mission, vision and strategic plan
Salary: £50,000-£54,000 pro rata for 22½ hours (3 days) or 30 hours (4 days) pw, subject to negotiation, + 6% pension contribution. Potential for flexible/hybrid working
Main duties include:
Leadership and Management
1. Provide strong and visionary leadership in the development and implementation of EPC’s strategic and business planning.
2. Take the lead in the day to day management of the organisation and report regularly to the Board.
3. Promote and advocate for the organisation, building networks and relationships with relevant stakeholders and other organisations.
4. Lead or support opportunities to enhance EPC’s funding opportunities, presence, reputation and influence locally and regionally.
5. Manage the service managers and project leads, providing support and guidance to ensure they build strong teams, achieve their targets and outcomes, have effective performance management systems in place and are engaged in the strategic development of the organisation.
6. Attend meetings of the Board of Directors, Board sub-groups, and whole staff, ensuring actions raised are completed.
7. Attend external, partnership and stakeholder meetings.
8. Research and write compelling funding applications and tenders with the input of service leads and the Finance Manager.
9. Undertake further fundraising initiatives to support EPC in all its aspects.
10. Undertake special projects which may be one offs or on-going, which add value to the impact of our work: introducing new systems, exploring partnerships, social enterprise opportunities, etc.
11. Maintain awareness of current drivers and developments in the external environment to inform EPC’s planning process.
12. Ensure mechanisms are in place to measure outcomes, impact and satisfaction levels and that clients can provide feedback and participate in service development.
13. Work with the Finance Manager in the effective and efficient management of budgets and spending in accordance with EPC financial policies and procedures.
14. Ensure that EPC’s policies and practices are consistent with relevant good governance regulations, legislation and guidance and are regularly reviewed and updated.
15. Ensure that issues arising from organisational activities that may pose governance, reputational or other risk to the organisation are brought to the attention of the Board and support effective ways to manage to such risks.
16. Ensure that the organisation has the necessary administrative systems and support and take responsibility for administration associated with the role.
17. Be willing to travel both within and outside the Borough in line with duties.
18. Act as the Designated Child Protection Lead and work closely with the Deputy Lead.
19. Provide relevant training sessions for staff and volunteers when required.
20. Undertake relevant training and professional development in order to continue to be able to fulfil the demands of the role.
21. Undertake other reasonable duties to fulfil the role of Chief Executive Officer.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 22.5 / 30 per week
Pay: £50,000.00-£54,000.00 per year
Surfaces are cleaned daily. Face masks and hand sanitiser are supplied on request.
Application deadline: 29/05/2022
As one of Britain’s leading healthcare providers, Barts Health is embarking on an era defining period of change through our...Apply For This Job
Applications are invited from experienced senior police officers and existing employees from UK policing and law enforcement agencies, including those...Apply For This Job
Middletown Centre for Autism promotes excellence in the development and coordination of education services to children and young people with...Apply For This Job
We have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic, engaging, and inclusive leader to join us as Chief Executive at Keep...Apply For This Job
Following 27 years in the post, our current CEO has decided to retire and we are now looking to recruit...Apply For This Job