Smart Energy UK
- Already a recognised market leader in Australia, we are launching in the UK
- Cash flow positive, technology driven start-up.
- Be part of an organisation driving the switch to renewable energy
Smart Energy is one of the largest residential solar retailers in Australia and certainly the fastest growing. We are excited to bring to the UK market our ‘no upfront cost’ solar installation offer that has seen many homeowners significantly lower their energy bills.
Using only ‘best in class’ equipment, we pride ourselves on installing anywhere, quickly and providing quality pre and post-sales service. Our first appointment will be the UK CEO.
Why go into business with us?
Solar is a compelling proposition – we sell something people want. We promote sustainable energy technologies making a positive impact on the wallet AND our environment.
Independently verified as successful:
- 3rd fastest growing startup in Australia 2020 – Australian Financial Review
- 27th fastest growing business in Asia-Pacific 2021 – Financial Times
- Positive press from Australia’s largest bank; Commonwealth Bank and ‘5 star’ customer sentiment in our Google reviews
- UK founders – now multiple award winners
What we can offer to ensure your/our success:
- Significant buying power across most tier 1 global solar equipment brands
- Market defining sales fulfilment technology
- Proven lead generation and sales methodologies
- People processes around hiring, rewarding and training
- Trade recruitment and auditing processes ensure ongoing quality of installs
- Easily digestible content to educate and inform our customers, staff and contractors
- Customer experience feedback loops constantly reinforce and refresh a positive brand
- We already have extensive UK networks. Over 100 staff who worked for us in Australia are now UK based
- A business with positive cash flow and reputation
- A talented team, eager to share
- Professional growth – work alongside a leadership team recognised for entrepeneurialship
What sort of business will you build?
- An aggressive, direct sales business with a back end that is data driven and automation hungry
- It will embrace technology. Digital is everything
- You will create an culture that is young, entrepreneurial, ambitious and fun
- This is a start up, you and your team must expect fast pace, autonomy, ambiguity, change and a need to hustle
This opportunity is being offered on an equity only basis.
Additionally, it is expected the successful candidate will invest in the UK business to demonstrate a level of commitment and ownership around the initial spend
About you and the job:
Profit and Loss savvy: You will have had experience maintaining a positive cashflow, maximising profits and reducing costs
Start-up experienced: We anticipate the successful candidate will have worked in start-ups before. You will have learnt how to scale quickly but not too quickly. You will appreciate staying lean, nimble and agile – every aware of opportunities, risks and improvements
Ownership: You will be in charge of an increasing number of residential solar installs each week. Every one is vital. You will not be able to relax unless they are all under control
Leadership: Your first hires will be in Sales. We have salespeople and sales managers in the UK who have been trained and successful for us in Australia. Your initial role will be to establish an operational connection to Australia to take advantage of our established business, it’s people, systems and processes.
Relationship Management: You will quickly assemble a network of qualified solar installers to do good quality work at the price you want, when your customers want it done. No shortcuts. You will have to be charming and ruthless – sometimes in the same call.
Some experience dealing in a B2B and/or blue collar environment will be advantageous
You will need to be:
- Driven, resilient, smart, quick witted and articulate
- IT literate – to the point of nerdy!
- Able to assess commercial realities without consultation and act quickly on your assertions. Your decision making will be decisive and accurate.
This is a challenging but satisfying role where you get to see the impact your efforts have every day with more home owners getting solar installed through Smart Energy. Recently licensed as an energy retailer, Smart Energy have grand plans – be part of them.
This is a growing company in a very exciting industry. Please apply with your CV today.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £100,000.00 per year
- Commission pay
- Performance bonus
- Profit sharing
- Work from home
- Remote interview process