Website The Emirates Group
Lead and direct all B2B and B2C trading businesses within dnata Travel Group Europe to achieve EBITDA targets. Develop and drive the long-term strategic plan and enable these businesses to return to profitability quickly post Covid and meet targets for revenue growth, return on investment and long-term profitability.
Champion a culture of open communication, clear direction, diversity and inclusion, accountability and performance management and provide an impartial and transparent link between areas of dnata travel, delivering against the Group’s vision, mission and values.
On delivery of the current strategy of Emerging Stronger, develop plans to expand and diversify the travel portfolio further, in the UK and across Europe.
Maintain a high industry profile ensuring trade, media and supplier relationships remain a ‘constant’ in the working cycle.
Assume indirect responsibility for shared service areas, ensuring the support to the trading businesses is effective and tailored according to business requirements.
- Define, implement and manage the dnata Travel Group Europe strategy to deliver business growth targets and ensure the strategic roadmap and the implementation of initiatives reach defined annual targets.
- Deliver defined objectives across each trading brand; recommend, implement and drive initiatives to further develop the business portfolio.
- Direct senior business leaders – up to and including Managing Director level – to maintain a competitive advantage in the trade-facing and direct to consumer market place, maximising all growth opportunities to reach and succeed financial and market share targets.
- In conjunction with internal service providers, continue to drive the importance of health, safety and well-being in our day-to-day business operation.
- Lead discussions and conclude agreements, representing the Group, with external third parties and potential partners to ensure safeguarding of the Group’s interest and negotiating the best terms to benefit the Group.
- Manage the overall cash flow with accountability for the Cash to Group targets.
- Ensure business activities are aligned to the Group’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Lead a rolling project forecast process which pro-actively identifies risk and develops mitigation strategies to ensure consistent delivery against plans. Ensure all projects are designed to drive business improvement with all ROI clearly validated.
- Represent the business at senior level events in the industry, participating in key industry forums and panels.
- Establish a network of high profile suppliers and contractors in the industry to drive the best commercial deals.
- Recommend IT investment priorities to support the IT strategy keeping at least abreast or ahead of emerging technologies. In conjunction with the Chief Technical Officer and head of Product Development, make considered recommendations for investment to leverage technological innovations to improve the way business is conducted and agree priorities for digitalisation.
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure all financial planning is executed with clear accountability for all budget holders.
- Implement the strategic plan for Land and Air products to support the commercial agreements, relationship management and distribution arrangements within the Group. Indentify and recommend new source markets and distribution channels for business development.
- Partner with relevant Group functions such as Corporate Communications, Internal Audit, etc to ensure the UK business complies with Group requirements, adhering to legal guidelines, policies and business ethics.
- In conjunction with the Chief People Officer, design and deliver a Talent and Succession Planning strategy to ensure the future-proofing requirements of the business are in place.
- Oversee the general customer acquisition strategy, exploiting all opportunities for growth, including new territories and / or via associate partnerships.
- Maximise potential in the on-line / off-line channels, to ensure best route to market.
- Own the UK communications strategy ensuring internal and external messaging is delivered appropriately
- Guide the business leaders to achieve targets in customer and employee satisfaction to optimise customer and employee engagement levels through agreed actions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in a business management or finance management related subject.
- Post graduate or professionally accredited qualification would be an advantage.
- 10 years+ operating at senior level, a significant amount of which is at Executive level
- Substantial experience in leading a tour operator or OTA
- An excellent track record of building relationships with & influencing trade partners and key stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of opportunity generation, implementation and synergy delivery
- Excellent negotiation skills when dealing with external business partners
- Experienced leader of people in a multi-function environment
- Able to balance business priorities with customer expectations
- Leadership capabilities and influential skills
- Demonstrable ability to strategically plan and achieve a direction/vision
- Ability to interface with internal and external senior executives
- Ability to make a positive impact and lead negotiations at an executive level
- Strong financial and commercial acumen is essential
- Understanding of the travel industry is ideal but not essential if relevant portfolio management experience exists
- Proven track record in leading and managing teams
- Confident and competent in establishing relationships with key customers at senior level
- Ability to think strategically and implement short-term and longer-term divisional objectives
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of commercial acumen with solid focus on customer and trade relations