Steve Morgan is one of the country’s most successful businesspeople; 21 years after it was established, his foundation is recognised as a leading force in social philanthropy. With assets of £300m and an annual budget of over £20m the positive impact the foundation makes to people’s lives will be seen for centuries to come. (Details of the many and varied grants can be found at stevemorganfoundation.org.uk.)
As the first full time Chief Executive of this progressive foundation, you will report to Steve Morgan, Chairman, and the Board of Trustees. With a hands-on, can-do attitude, your key objective will be to help define strategic direction and drive progress and results. With no need for external fundraising, your focus will be on working collaboratively with funded partner charities to ensure our investments are effectively focused and maximised, whilst leading and developing a small, capable, team to maintain a high-performance culture.
Your responsibilities will be all encompassing: strategic development, leadership, trustee support, partnership and business development, operations and delivery, promotion and profile raising of the Foundation, together with governance and compliance.
Experience of working in the charity sector is not a pre-requisite, however a thorough understanding and empathy with the sector is. To be successful you will be experienced in managing day-to-day operations and your knowledge and skills will include:
* Experience of working as a Chief Executive Officer, or at Director / senior manager level.
* An ambitious and innovative strategic thinker, with experience of shaping and influencing organisational strategy.
* Commercial acumen and financial management skills with the confidence to scrutinise financial management and performance.
* Ability to build consensus and relationships internally and externally.
* Experience of effective partnership working and development of external relationships.
* Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with proven ability to establish positive and productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
* Proven ability to recruit, mentor, lead, and develop staff; building high-performance and loyal teams.
* Ability to effectively challenge existing practices across the organisation and lead initiatives for new and more efficient use of resources.
* A track record of harnessing technology to improve organisational effectiveness and performance.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and a persuasive and passionate speaker.
* An appreciation of public relations, including the effective utilisation of social media.
* An understanding of the importance of maintaining high-standards of governance in charities.
Of equal importance to your experience and skills will be your personality. In return for your hard work and commitment, highly motivated, driven and loyal individuals will be rewarded with an excellent salary, pension, healthcare and bonus.
To apply please send your curriculum vitae with covering letter including current salary and full benefits package to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Land Trust is a charity that is committed to the long-term sustainable management of open space for community benefit....Apply For This Job
Middletown Centre for Autism promotes excellence in the development and coordination of education services to children and young people with...Apply For This Job
We are working in partnership with Dogs for Good, who for over thirty years, have been utilising their knowledge and...Apply For This Job
Dedicate Recruitment is proud to be partnering with the Birmingham Diocesan Multi Academy Trust (BDMAT) in the search for an...Apply For This Job
The RCPA is the Somerset-wide member association for providers of health and social care and support. It was established in...Apply For This Job