Positive Steps have been changing the lives of people in Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside for over 20 years and as a key third sector organisation within Greater Manchester, our vision of ‘people and communities inspired to take control of their lives’ is our primary focus.
Due to the retirement of our current CEO, a rare opportunity has arisen to lead this unique and well-established charity which continue to make a tangible difference by supporting and empowering some of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children, young people and families to take control of their own lives and transform their life chances.
We are looking to recruit a highly experienced, inspirational and motivated Chief Executive, who will lead, develop and grow the organisation and achieve its strategic plan objectives. Ambition, passion, and vision to provide leadership and strategic direction to Positive Steps is a must, together with a natural ability to work with both Stakeholders and the wider community.
We can only deliver excellence to the people we support if our staff share our values, are happy, empowered, and trusted to lead.
You will provide strategic and committed leadership for the organisation, demonstrate significant expertise in inclusion and diversity and champion our work to make a positive difference to the lives of children, young people and families.
You will have:
• A proven track record of strategic leadership within a charity/voluntary sector organisation or similar setting at a senior management level.
• Outstanding leadership skills, including being an authentic and values-led leader.
• Excellent negotiating, analytical and organisational skills.
• Evidence of influencing decisions through working collaboratively and strategically with statutory partners and other not-for-profit organisations.
• Experience of working with and reporting at Board level.
• Outstanding relationship building ability and understanding of the power of partnerships.
• Evidence of management of significant financial and other resources.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
You will find the full role profile and person specification along with details of how to apply on our website.
Positive Steps is an equal opportunities organisation and applications are welcome from all sections of the community.
Please note that we do not hold a sponsor licence and we do not intend to offer sponsorship for this particular role. You should therefore ensure that you have/will have the right to work in the UK to be able to undertake this role, if appointed, you will be required to provide relevant right to work documents at the point of an offer being made to you. This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you are currently a CEO looking for your next role or in a Senior Management / Director role looking to take your next step, for an informal discussion with the current role holder or further information regarding the post or organisation, please contact Steph Bolshaw, telephone (0161) 621 9423 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 25th July 2022 at 12:00
Longlisting: Thursday 28th July 2022
Shortlisting: Thursday 18th August 2022
Selection Process : 7th & 8th September 2022