Mobile Content International Limited
Mobile Content International (MCI) is a Mobile Content Value Added Services company in the Isle of Man that provides Mobile Content and Value Added Services to Mobile Network Operators and Mobile Audience Partners across a number of territories in Africa.
Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the strategic success of MCI.
· Provides general oversight of all MCI activities, manages day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization;
· Drives the business’s vision, objectives and strategies forwards;
· Oversees all International Business Development, Account Management and Commercial Negotiations including all Mobile Network Operator and Partner relationships;
· Recruits personnel, negotiates professional contracts and develops appropriate employee reward packages;
· Oversees commercial activity, managed assets, operating income, expenses, investments and headcount to ensure optimal business performance throughout the business cycle;
· Provides strategic direction to the Board, shareholders, management and MCI’s subsidiaries in Nigeria, Malawi and office in Zimbabwe;
· Assures regulatory and legal compliance in the territories where the MCI group operates;
· Actively develops appropriate risk management policies and procedures;
· Oversees the fiscal activities of the group including budgeting, forecasting, reporting and audit;
· Works with the Board and shareholders to support short- and long-term finance goals, monitors and evaluates MCI’s performance and results;
· Fully informs the Board and shareholders on MCI’s business and operations by identifying trends, issues and solutions to facilitate policy and decision making; and
· Enables the Board to fulfill its governance functions and facilitates the optimum performance by the Board, its committees and individual Board members.
Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance or management
Key Experience and skills
· Minimum 10 years’+ telecommunications experience with at least 5 years in the Mobile Digital Content and Value Added Service Market;
· Solid knowledge and understanding of Mobile Network Operator technologies and bearers including but not limited to WAP, USSD, SMS, and Service Delivery Platforms;
· Excellent understanding of local telecommunications regulations and compliance in the territories where MCI operates;
· 5 years’+ experience working at Director level within a private company, fully familiar with reporting to and working with a board and shareholders of a business;
· 5 years’+ experience in either managing a business in its entirety or running a large division within a company independent from the support of a head office structure;
· Sales experience including remotely managing teams of key sales consultants;
· Excellent business links and knowledge of competitors operating within MCI’s current and target territories;
· Proven track record in achieving business results and generating shareholder value;
· International business travel familiarity particularly in Africa.
· Knowledge of one or more African languages would be an advantage.
Personal Characteristics and other requirements
Candidate should be
· Commercially driven with proven track record of delivering excellent results;
· Have the ability to think conceptually while effectively executing strategy;
· Must be numerate and analytical, familiar with accounting principles and proficient in Xero accounting;
· Highly proficient English language skills, spoken and written;
· Strong presentation and negotiation skills;
· Comfortable working in an environment where consensus building with the shareholders, who are actively involved in the business, is a natural part of the management process;
· Attention to detail with the aptitude and interest to quickly understand the details and be prepared to “get involved” when necessary;
· Possess requisite EQ when dealing with the shareholders, have the sensitivity to keep them informed and must be able to manage both “upwards and downwards” in an organization;
· A team player with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively;
· Organised, calm, reliable, self-motivated and proactive;
· Able to travel at short notice to a number of African regions without visa issues to work remotely and independently.
This full time role is based in the Isle of Man and offers a competitive salary package between £90,000 – £115,000 (dependent on experience) and participation in a discretionary bonus scheme.
To be part of a diverse, forward thinking and growing business, we invite you to upload your application and CV. The closing date for applications is 5th March 2021.
This role is open to direct applicants only; agencies need not apply.
Reference checks will be performed
Application deadline: 05/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: £90,000.00-£115,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Monday to Friday