TTVS is a Registered Charity (No: 1125142 Company limited by guarantee. Registered in England 6577677) that supports carers, young carers, people with mental health difficulties and older people in Torridge and North Devon. We also work with over 300 community groups, helping them to get started, flourish and grow, our Volunteer Centre is accredited through Volunteering England. We are supported by a wide range of local and national funders, with an annual budget of over £750,000.
TTVS are seeking a new Chief Executive Officer. An inspirational leader who is a confident, innovative, and dynamic individual who can take our amazing organisation on the next stage of its journey, ensuring we are the very best we can be in supporting all of our communities to become stronger, healthier and more resilient.
· To provide leadership and overall management to our charity, its staff and volunteers.
· To ensure that the Board of Trustees fulfils its responsibilities in the governance of our Charity.
· To be responsible for developing and expanding current services and developing new services and opportunities that benefit those within our charity’s terms of reference.
· To provide support and guidance to the emerging sector.
· Develop TTVS membership and the benefits it offers.
· Develop and sustain strong effective external partnerships.
· To work with the Trustees and managers to achieve business strategy, plans and targets.
· To work with the Trustees to develop organisational policies and ensure that they are complied with by all staff and volunteers.
· To ensure long term growth and sustainability, through effective governance, sound finance, fundraising and delivery of services.
The person suited to this post should have the following skills/knowledge and experience:
· Inspirational and innovative leadership
· Highly organised
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to persuade and influence at a senior level, both face to face and in writing
· Outstanding business development skills
· The ability to broaden our income base and an understanding of fundraising
· Rigorous analytical skills
· An excellent knowledge of charitable organisations and the Charities Commission oversight
· An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft 365
· Proven record of achievement in a senior position within a charity/not for profit organisation, public sector or business over at least three years.
· Experience of effective partnership working, development, and external relationship management
· Experience of business planning, business development and fundraising
· Robust approach to governance, controls and the definition/implementation of new processes and plans
Closing date: Friday 26th August 12 noon
Shortlisting will take place on the 29th August and interviews will be held in early September. Suitable candidates will be contacted via telephone for an informal conversation about the role.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Salary: £40,578.00-£42,614.00 per year
Application deadline: 29/08/2022