Website Greenwich & Bexley Credit Union
We are looking for someone with experience at CEO or Senior Management level in the financial services sector to lead our organisation through an exciting period of growth and change. We are refocussing our services to provide a better digital experience for our members and reach out to a wider audience.
Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in strategic leadership, managing organisational change, developing and implementing business plans, and delivering successful outcomes. However, we will also consider less experienced candidates who are able to demonstrate they have the potential to perform the role. You will need a firm commitment to our co-operative ethos as a member-owned social enterprise, and be able to work constructively with our partner organisations.
About our credit union
We have been operating since 1998 as a self-funded financial co-operative providing affordable loans and savings to local residents and employees. We have supported 17,000 members and loaned over £45m. We currently look after more than £14m of local savings. We have a small team of 9 staff and are based in SE London. We provide financial services for employees of local authorities, health services, schools and other local businesses. We are regulated by the PRA and FCA, affiliated to the Association of British Credit Unions, and managed by experienced volunteer Directors and Committee members.
Salary and benefits
Up to £55k. Flexible working, pension contribution, on site car parking, excellent public transport links.
You will report directly to the Board.
· Provide overall leadership and direction.
· Develop business plans and growth strategies in partnership with the Board.
· Ensure the credit union is adequately and appropriately staffed.
· Support and motivate staff.
· Oversee all our operations and business activities.
· Ensure that our members receive services of the highest quality.
· Oversee existing IT contracts and establish new digital services.
· Ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
· Provide the Board with accurate and well researched reports and management information.
· Support the Board’s responsibilities for good corporate governance.
· Ensure operational resilience.
· Work with the Treasurer in developing and implementing our financial strategy.
· Facilitate the work of our internal and external auditors.
· Represent the credit union to external organisations and the press.
· Assist with marketing and promotion as required.
· Attend meetings and carry out functions outside normal working hours as requested.
· Be available, within reason, to provide a response to out of hours emergencies.
· Perform any other duties commensurate with the nature and grade of the post.
· Proven experience as a CEO or Senior Manager.
· Experience of working in the financial services sector or similar environment.
· Educated to degree level or equivalent.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
· Ability to lead, support and motivate staff.
· Ability to take sound and well-reasoned decisions.
· Ability to understand and interpret financial reports.
· Ability to work consensually and constructively with the Board and external partners.
· Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
· Ability to handle pressure, manage personal workload and delegate.
· Understanding of credit unions and commitment to our co-operative ethos.
Please submit your CV together with a covering letter explaining why you are applying for the post and how you meet the requirements.
GBCU 22nd Feb 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £55,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London SE18 6QW (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- senior management: 2 years (Preferred)
- financial services: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place