Payments are indispensable to our lives as consumers and to the smooth functioning and stability of the economy. The designated operator for the UK’s retail payments operations – which includes Bacs, Faster Payments and Cheques – Pay.UK enables £19.2 billion in safe and secure payments every day.
Pay.UK is transforming the way that payments are delivered in the UK now and in the future and has an important role in catalysing and facilitating innovation. It has the exciting and critical mandate to design, procure, implement and facilitate the New Payments Architecture (NPA), which is the future of retail payments in the UK.
The CEO of Pay.UK will be responsible for delivering the strategy for UK retail payments at this exciting and important time of change. They will:
- Lead the transformation of UK retail payments and the organisation that delivers them.
- Help shape the Pay.UK strategy, business plan and budget, ensuring delivery against key milestones.
- Develop the organisational capability and capacity of Pay.UK and its people, attracting, developing and retaining talented people within an inclusive values driven culture.
- Demonstrate credibility, passion, energy, drive and commitment in delivering transformation.
- Balance the interests and needs of diverse and complex stakeholder groups to deliver benefits for all parts of society.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative leader with strategic vision and integrity. They will bring:
- A successful track record of leading and embedding large and complex transformational change.
- The ability to motivate and develop an organisation committed to delivering change in the public interest.
- Experience of influencing at senior levels across a diverse stakeholder map, ideally with exposure to a regulated industry.
The application deadline is midnight, Tuesday 6th April 2021. For further information, or to apply, please visit: www.odgers.com/82202