Website The Jo Cox Foundation
The Jo Cox Foundation was established in 2016 by the friends and family of the late Jo Cox MP. The Foundation exists to build a positive legacy for Jo and to create something positive from the tragedy that was her murder.
Our vision is for a kinder, more compassionate society where every individual has a sense of belonging and where we recognise that we have more in common than that which divides us.
The Jo Cox Foundation inspires and galvanises positive change at local, national and international levels. We do this by partnering with visionary individuals and organisations who share our commitment to the fairer, kinder world that Jo dedicated her life to building.
In the last five years, the Foundation has grown in influence, income and impact. We are now looking for a Chief Executive who can take us to our next stage of development building on our success so far; reviewing our strategic direction in the light of the Covid pandemic; getting the best from our growing numbers of staff and inspiring our donors and supporters to give even more.
This is a unique opportunity to continue to deliver the inspiration and practical change that Jo manifested and to keep her values and energy alive.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for, and commitment to, the policy areas and influencing agendas that Jo championed and that the Foundation now continues in her memory
- Have a track record of forging and managing successful partnerships, coalitions and networks in pursuit of social change across a wide range of organisations and stakeholders
- Demonstrate their knowledge and ability to run an organisation that is compliant and financially stable
- Display sensitivity and empathy in working with Jo’s family and friends.
- Have experience leading a small team to have a large impact
- Have experience working within, or adjacent to, the political environment in the UK
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills: a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Have experience of leading and managing a brand or organisation’s reputation and communications approach
- Have financial acumen: experience of both income generation and budget management to ensure future financial sustainability
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisor Sandra Hamovic at Berwick Partners on 07979 017 447.
Closing date for applications: 9:00am Monday 12th April 2021