Website Children First Derby
Children First Derby
Registered as Charity Number 1111157
Established in 1974
Children First Derby is a highly respected charity. We are passionate about our founding aim, which is to relieve the distress and suffering experienced by families and children, particularly those who have suffered from, or are likely to suffer from, violence or maltreatment in their homes.
Children First Derby has a very high reputation for the service we deliver and the impact that we have. We have won a number of significant awards including the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service which we proudly received in 2020.
We are looking for a CEO who shares our passion for helping vulnerable families and children, but also has the vision, drive and leadership to develop the charity so that it can deal with present and future challenges.
The right candidate must be ready to build a great organisational culture, provide inspired leadership to our team, establish a great working relationship with the Trustees and set a challenging course for the charity.
- Provide inspired leadership to generate a deep sense of purpose and joint responsibility to drive the charity forwards.
- Work with the Trustees to determine the values, mission, and strategy, and plan for both short and long-term goals.
- Act as the primary spokesperson for the charity including with the local authority and wider stakeholders.
- Develop the charity’s culture and overall vision by regularly reviewing staff engagement and holding one-to-ones.
- Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
- Oversee the charity’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting and auditing with monthly management information to be provided to the Trustees.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable rules and regulations including the Charity Commission’s guidelines.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the charity seeking out future development prospects for the direction of the charity.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other professional organisations in the local area to support the infrastructure and growth of the charity.
- Oversee and support the service heads to recruit staff who will enhance the culture and contribute to the provision of a high level of service.
- Enhance and develop the public perception of Children First Derby.
- Oversee and hold responsibility for the charity’s day-to-day operations, premises and facilities e.g. security, GDPR, IT Systems, general maintenance etc.
- Further education qualifications (business discipline(s) will be advantageous).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management position managing a team of at least 10 employees.
- Experience of obtaining funding.
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management as well as general finance and budgeting.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among trustees, partners, and staff to be assessed through annual engagement surveys.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Understanding of human resources and personnel management including recruitment, disciplinary, absence and conflict management.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills to be utilised at networking events.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders across the third sector and statutory bodies would be advantageous.
- Salary; £33,750-£37,500 pro-rata, 30 hours per week. (Salary band dependent upon experience.)
- Pay to be reviewed annually
- Probationary period of 6 months
- Pension contributions
Interview dates; w/c 19th and 26th April 2021
Application Deadline: 04/04/2021
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £33,750.00-£37,500.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
All employees, volunteers and service users are required to wear masks around the building. Hand sanitising stations are available and social distancing is required.
- Senior Management: 5 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place