Website UK Government - Animal and Plant Health
Leadership and Management:
- Work with the APHA Board and with Defra to define the organisation’s strategy, aims, and objectives;
- Ensure that the organisation has the resources, skills, and capability to enable it to deliver its aims and objectives;
- Lead, manage and motivate the Executive Team in their delivery of performance outcomes.
- Be an inspirational role model to staff, exhibiting the behaviours we expect of all our people; and
- Demonstrate an ability to make difficult decisions and justify them at the highest level.
- Ensure that issues of health and safety are managed effectively
- Act as the Senior User in the multi-year development of the Weybridge site
It is essential that you provide evidence and proven examples in your application against each of the selection criteria.
- Excellent visible leadership skills, able to inspire and engage staff at all levels in APHA, with proven success in building high-performing, diverse and inclusive teams, leading change and the development of organisational capability in a large, complex, multidisciplinary body
- Excellent operational delivery skills, with a determination to deliver agreed on targets, excellent management of business performance and judgment of risk
- Highly effective communication and influencing skills, with the personal credibility to gain the trust of senior stakeholders, including within government, industry, and academia
- Demonstrable ability to set the strategic direction for an organisation and to lead and manage a complex agenda
- An understanding of the working of government and a track record of working in genuine partnership across organisational boundaries and the ability to work effectively with a range of global partners to deliver mutual objectives
- As Accounting Officer for the organisation, you will require significant experience of managing and delivering against a substantial and complex budget and the personal resilience to operate in a high profile and highly scrutinised environment
- Experience in leading in an area where science plays an important role, with an ability to converse with and inspire scientists, promote science, and articulate scientific perspectives.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension