Website Springboard Opportunity Group
Springboard Opportunity Group is a North Somerset registered charity supporting children from birth to 5 years old with additional needs and disabilities, and their families.
Responsible to: Board of Trustees
Probationary Period: by agreement with Trustees
Qualification: Level 6 or equivalent in a relevant area
Hours: 40 hours/week 52 weeks
Purpose/Objective: Working closely with, and on behalf of, the Board of Trustees, to develop and deliver the Strategic Business Plan to ensure the ongoing sustainability, growth and success of Springboard Opportunity Group.
To embody and ensure that the values and ethos of Springboard are placed at the heart of everything Springboard does.
To act as a strong, inspirational figurehead for the charity, a positive ambassador with other agencies and organisations and a role model for employees and volunteers.
To promote strong partnerships with families.
Overarching management of Children & Family Services.
To maximise income to maintain and further develop Springboard services and to improve its financial resilience and sustainability.
Skills, experience & personal qualities
· Exceptional leadership skills to motivate the entire organisation and willingness to lead by example.
· Experience of working with children and their families in the field of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
· Awareness of financial management.
· Have sound knowledge of how children learn and be able to reflect a diversity of learning styles and methods.
· Presence of mind and quick decision-making abilities.
· Good communication and networking skills.
· Demonstrable experience of successfully managing change.
· A person of integrity.
· Awareness and understanding of current legal requirements, policies and guidance.
· Develop a culture of continuous improvement throughout all aspects of Springboard’s work.
· Oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of Strategic Business plan.
- Lead the organisation’s financial security, asset management and risk appraisal.
· Oversee financial sustainability of all services, including management of all relevant budgets, promotion and marketing.
· Foster good working relationships and ensure systems, structures, skills and resources are in place for the Board of Trustees to fulfil its statutory responsibilities and exercise effective control of Springboard’s affairs.
· Report directly and regularly to the Board of Trustees.
· Be informed about professional, national and local policies and strategies and ensure Springboard responds to these effectively.
· Ensure equality of opportunity and recognise the importance of diversity across the organisation.
· Ensure that all relevant policies and procedures are reviewed and available for implementation.
· Be an inspirational leader to achieve organisational excellence inviting innovation and change; and manage risks and threats robustly.
· Line manage senior managers to ensure they undertake their responsibilities effectively and to support them in this.
· Represent Springboard, network and negotiate effectively with a wide range of external agencies and organisations to ensure a positive external image.
· Provide leadership to Springboard and take responsibility for the effective delivery of all functions within the strategic and accountability framework, including safeguarding.
· Develop a culture which motivates and equips an enthusiastic staff team to enable them to provide a high quality service.
· Promote and encourage continuous professional development for all staff.
· Commit to the development of an enthusiastic, skilled and committed volunteer team working across a wide range of Springboard activities.