Website Hartlepool United Football Club
Please note that due to the anticipated high level of interest in this role, regrettably we will not be in a position to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
Hartlepool United Football Club is a professional association football club based in the North-East of England. After highly successful 2020/21 saw the team win promotion from the National League, 2021/22 will see the club return to the English Football League following a short 4-year absence. The club was purchased by Chairman Raj Singh in 2017 and since then extensive progress has been made both in terms of restoring financial viability to club (irrespective of on-field success) and exploring longer term commercial business plans with the ultimate aspiration to deliver a new stadium development at Victoria Park alongside further promotions within the EFL. The position of Chief Executive Officer is a newly created role as the club looks to build on recent successes and represents an incredible opportunity for the correct candidate to join that journey and to help shape the next chapter in the Club’s remarkable history.
· Reporting to the Board of Directors and Chairman.
· Overall responsibility for off-field commercial budgets and targets.
· Leading and inspiring delivery of best in class operational and commercial solutions, working closely with incumbent Operations Manager
· Overseeing improved operational control systems alongside Operations Manager and finance team
· Identify and deliver new commercial opportunities and growth.
· Representing the club at all senior executive attended meetings with the EFL and relevant governing authorities.
· Being the main Club spokesperson with media and press when required.
· Supporting the 1st team manager where necessary to ensure smooth delivery of football operations.
· Support the 1st team manager with recruitment and management of 1st team budget
· Leading development of volunteer resource and supporter participations.
· Supporting development of a full Club football pathway programme and the Community Foundation.
· Integrating with site development plans and project team.
· Proven senior management track record with relevant sector experience (experience in professional football sector highly desirable, experience in other comparable professional sport sectors is a minimum requirement).
· Ability to lead by example and to be hands-on in delivering change.
· Ability to inspire people with varying skill sets from various departments.
· Ability to handle pressure and to satisfy multiple stakeholders to deadline.
· Strong presentational skills and media awareness.
· Track record of delivering value for money with financial budgets and targets.
· Flexibility with working hours to suit the demands of the business including attendance on home matchdays.
· Excellent organisation and time management skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and manage lasting relationships.
· An enthusiastic, committed and self-driven individual who wants to deliver success.
Application deadline: 23/07/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £60,000.00-£70,000.00 per year
- Performance bonus
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- On-site parking