Website Bromley GP Alliance
The post is 30 hrs working over 3.5 or 4 days per week
(some flexibility is required)
Salary in excess of £100,000 (FTE) per annum (pro rata to hours worked) depending upon experience
Do you have the vision, passion, integrity and initiative to drive success and lead in Primary Care?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an accomplished and highly motivated senior executive to join Bromley GP Alliance (BGPA), a GP Federation of 42 practices thriving to make a difference to the Bromley General Practice patient population and the health needs of homeless people in Bromley.
BGPA also supports education, training and professional development and BETH (Bromley Education and Training Hub) is an organisation which aims to support education, training and professional development across primary care in Bromley, and beyond. BETH is now a ‘not for profit’ independent community interest company and shares the same board of directors as BGPA.
Formed in 2015, BGPA is passionate for all that is healthcare and has developed an ethos of sharing professional knowledge and skills and working with patients to deliver person-centred care, which is reflected in CQC comments of areas of outstanding in the recent report and also enviable patient reviews.
We are looking for a highly accomplished, motivated, pragmatic and proactive individual with a demonstrable career in health care , finance, business, strategic management, risk management and new business development. A high degree of personal organisational skill is required as well as a systematic approach to problem solving and planning.
Encouragement is given to talented individuals to thrive and make a difference and this opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to play a pivotal role in leading the company going forward.
Previous executive management experience, leadership skills, competency in office IT and effective communication skills at all levels are essential.
BGPA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Please note that due to the age and restrictions of the company premises, there is limited disabled access from the ground floor.
The successful applicant will be expected to meet the English language fluency requirements as outlined in the Immigration Act 2016.
For further information, the company profile and instructions to apply, please go to: – www.firstpracticemanagement.co.uk/jobs
Closing date Monday 9th August 2021
You will provide clear and positive leadership and vision to the strategic management of the company and will be expected to constantly review and recommend strategies for its development and effectiveness. On an operational level you will be responsible for the overall business efficiency, the maintenance of the existing team spirit and culture, and the provision of a communication link to third parties. This includes representation of BGPA as required.
· Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into implementation
· Ability to work at board level and implement board directions
- Ability to identify risk and ensures appropriate strategies are in place
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage time effectively to meet deadlines
· Ability to manage the overall operations and resources of a company,
- Ability to support and guide the Directors through decision making processes
- An analytical mind and outstanding presentation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and use initiative
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (both verbal and written) with a wide range of individuals
- Ability to manage change through motivation and leadership
- Robust finance and business skills to maintain and improve the profitability of the business
- A conscientious approach and commitment to working in an adaptable and flexible manner (evening meetings)
- Ability to work calmly and effectively and deal with multiple demands
- Ability to maintain strict levels of confidentiality and to treat staff, the management team and the Directors with sensitivity and respect
- Ability to work positively as a member and leader of a busy management team and to develop a positive culture
- Ability to influence others positively, negotiate constructively and resolve conflict successfully
- Able to build and sustain networks and partnerships
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, maintaining focus and quality
- Implementation and co-ordination of processes to ensure that the company’s objectives are met
- Ability to identify threats and opportunities and to manage change
- Lead and chair meetings associated with the post
- Develop and co-ordinate systems to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business
- Ability to self-motivate, prioritise organise and/or delegate workload
- Good IT knowledge and experience
- Ensure compliance with company policy, corporate legality and standards/quality compliance
- The ability to enjoy diversity and sometimes – the unexpected
· Develop and control budgets and financial systems
· Prepare financial budgets and cash-flow forecasts
· Ensure that any project is working to its business plans, financial plans and targets.
· Ensure the organisational requirements of BGPA contracts with NHSE are fully met and complied with
· Support the Directors to develop and implement processes to achieve targets and business objectives
· Understand and report on the financial implications of contract and legislation changes
· Liaise with the accountant and bank as appropriate or as directed
· Directly contribute to profit improvement
· Analyse data relating to the finances of the company as appropriate and contribute to planning and organisation
- Overall responsibility for the strategic planning of the company, working with the Directors and management team to achieve the following;
· Keep abreast of current affairs and identify potential opportunities and threats
· Assess and evaluate accommodation requirements and manage development and expansion opportunities
· Awareness of corporate law compliance
· Implement and update the business Development Plan, overseeing the implementation of the aims and objectives
· Assist BGPA in the wider community and assist with forging links with other healthcare providers and relevant agencies and in particular working collaboratively with BETH and One Bromley ICS
· Formulate objectives and research and develop ideas for future development
· To represent the company at external meetings
· To make recommendations to the Directors for business development with regard to potential sources of income
· To be innovative, assess and implement change
· Overall responsibility and accountability for operational performance, ensuring all areas of the business are delivered to high standards and within all legal and clinical governance requirements
· Ensure projects are totally compliant with CQC, governance, risk and other regulatory bodies
· Ensure that the business objectives are met at all times and stringent business goals and targets are implemented and delivered.
· Provide regular updates of projects, highlighting any risks or show-stopper incidents that require Board attention
· Work with the project team to manage resources and develop accordingly
· Constantly monitor and manage any governance issues that may arise from time to time
· Ensure compliance and all statutory obligations are met
· Awareness of current employment legislation and compliance
- To develop and maintain good employee/employer relationships
- To ensure that members of the existing staff team are aware of any changes that occur in the business
- To maintain good communication at all times with the management team
- Ensure all personnel are CPD (Continuing Professional development) is compliant in line with local and national requirements
- To have strategic overview of HR requirements
Premises and equipment
· Ensuring that the service complies with aspects of Health & Safety at Work (HASAW) legislation.
· Implementing and maintaining systems in relation to patient services
· Ensuring efficient internal and external communication, including being the focal point for contact for all aspects of the business
Information Technology & Governance
· Ensure compliance of appropriate information governance systems
· Ensure compliance with Data Security & Protection and the ICO (Information Commissioners Office)
· Ensure IT compliance with the contractual obligations of the company
· Oversee and maintain compliance with CQC regulations
- Ensure compliance with the latest NHS recommendations
- Understand the communication systems and ensure effective channels of communication between all team members
- Build/maintain good working relationships
- Represent BGPA at meetings and seminars
- Present a professional image and always promote BGPA and BETH
- Share skills and expertise with others
This is not an exhaustive list and may be changed in light of ever-changing service need and national and local policy. Therefore, the job description will encompass any other duties deemed appropriate for the post holder within the scope of the post as determined by the Directors. Any changes would be discussed fully with the post-holder.