Website Cornwall Air Ambulance
Cornwall Air Ambulance has been flying for over 30 years, attending nearly 29,000 missions to those in need of urgent medical attention. They are tasked to over 1000 missions every year and their crews bring lifesaving critical care throughout Cornwall, the Isles of Scilly and beyond.
April 2020, saw the arrival of their brand new AW169 helicopter, a lifesaving ‘Emergency Department’ for the skies.
Saving lives is the charity’s mission. Despite the pandemic, illness and injury have not been put into lockdown, and it was incredibly important that the charity operations adapted quickly to make sure the crew and helicopter responded to those in their hour of need.
It costs £5m per year to run the charity which is funded through the amazing generosity of their supporters. Key to raising the £5m each year is the success or their seven retail stores, Charity lottery, relationship with key sponsors and the many events and functions run throughout a normal year.
By joining their incredible team you can be part of the future to help sustain and grow the income of the charity, so “Future lives depend on you”.
This is a unique opportunity to become the CEO and figurehead of one of the most prominent critical care charities in Cornwall and the UK. The CEO is responsible for motivating, inspiring and leading the whole organisation of highly committed permanent employees and nearly 300 amazing volunteers. Reporting to the Chair and the Board of Trustees, responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Board of Trustees in fulfilling their responsibilities in the governance of the charity and providing motivating and empowering, values driven leadership to the entire organisation in a period of change.
- Work closely with the Board and senior leadership team to agree and implement strategic plans and objectives.
- Examine and assess all future commercial opportunities for income generation and income diversification.
- Promote diversity and equality of opportunity in all the charity’s activities
- Control of all operational issues ensuring that all helicopter operations are cost effective and delivering the required levels of performance.
- Ensuring clinical care provision is achieving the clinical outcomes required.
- Promoting the image of the charity through interpersonal relations and networking with patrons, volunteers, donors and sponsoring businesses.
Potential candidates for this rare opportunity will need to be fully motivated to provide the dynamic and inspiring leadership needed to ensure the charity grows and to be able to support the Charity’s vision, mission and values. You will have already had a successful career at senior executive / Non-executive level and have an outstanding track record of inspiring leadership and delivery. You will ideally have previous experience leading in the Charity sector, however we will consider applications from a wide range of backgrounds, but you must be able to show a strong understanding of Company and Charity Law and Governance. You must be a commercially focussed individual who has a strategic mind and experience of generating and building either fundraising or new income streams. Above all, you must be people focussed and willing to make a real contribution and a genuine difference!