Website Oldham Council
Chief Executive Officer of Oldham Learning
Job Ref: AD1/OL-44915
Salary: £84,658 – £93,411 p.a. (pro rata 2-3 days per week)
Secondments would be welcomed and working patterns are open to discussion
Closing Date:- Friday 23 April 2021 12 noon
We want Oldham to be a place where everyone has a chance to learn and nobody gets left behind. This is why Oldham learning is seeking an inspirational and credible CEO who is also an experienced educational professional and system leader. In addition, we would need someone who can support all of Oldham’s schools to raise standards and ensure that all children and young people enjoy learning and achieve well.
The CEO of Oldham Learning is a unique opportunity for a high calibre individual to work in partnership with schools and lead a system that enables quality first teaching. As a new organisation, it needs a creative, consultative and powerful leader who can build and maintain effective relationships and establish a system-led approach in the foundation stage of Oldham Learning. Our CEO will:
- Have vision and energy to develop and realise local capacity in a complex and evolving education landscape in which 100 member schools, MATs serving Oldham, Oldham Council and the Oldham Opportunity Area will invest.
- Be responsible for developing Oldham Learning through the startup phases and for improvement that enables all children and young people in Oldham, including the most vulnerable, to be aspirational, knowledgeable, kind, confident and articulate.
- Achieve good outcomes that include, but go well beyond, standardised assessment data including closing the additional inequalities that Covid-19 has led to.
The CEO will be responsible for both strategic and day to day leadership and management of Oldham Learning. They will work closely with the Board of Directors and will be instrumental in translating the Board’s strategy into practice. The CEO will report to the Chair of the Board.
We are seeking to appoint this role initially from 1 September 2021 to 31 August 2022. The start date is not moveable, but the candidate can start in role sooner. We are also strongly encouraging and considering secondment applications as well as any suggested flexible working arrangements in order for the start date to be met. The initial arrangement is for somebody to work between two and three days per week with the exact details and arrangements across these days to be open to negotiation. Oldham Local Authority will be the employer for the role.
Please view the following:
- Mission Statement and Priorities for Oldham Learning: https://oldhamlearning.co.uk/
- Membership of the Foundation Board: https://oldhamlearning.co.uk/about/foundation-board/
If you require any further information or would welcome an informal conversation regarding Oldham Learning please contact Patsy Kane the current CEO of Oldham Learning by email Patsy.Kane@oldhamlearning.co.uk to arrange a discussion.
Please note that should a vacancy that has been released for internal or external recruitment be deemed suitable for an at risk employee, it can be pulled back at any point up to the post being formally offered to an external candidate or an internal candidate that is not at risk of redundancy.