Website UK Government - Department for Education
- lead an expert and diverse team of around 140 people to develop and deliver a range of age-appropriate assessments providing robust and reliable data to teachers, parents and ministers
- procure and manage suppliers to support STA; this includes tender exercises and handling contracts to support our aims
- work with ministers to develop and implement primary assessment policy and with colleagues in the Department for Education who lead on policy for curriculum and accountability
- develop the strategy for STA that delivers government policy and adapts to changes in education
- as accounting officer, be responsible for STA’s budget and its resources
- work with Ofqual as the regulator of national curriculum assessments
We are looking for you to demonstrate these essential skills and experience:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Communication and influencing skills with stakeholders within and beyond government
- Contract management and procurement experience
- Leading and handling large projects
- Delivery and continuous improvement of complex teams
- Committed to inclusivity, sustainability and equality
You will have 25 days leave, increasing by 1 day every year to a maximum of 30 days after five years’ service. In addition, all staff receive the Queen’s Birthday privilege holiday and 8 days’ bank and public holidays.
We offer flexible working arrangements, such as job sharing, term-time working, flexi-time and compressed hours.
As an organisation, which exists to support education and lifelong learning, we offer our staff excellent professional development opportunities.